Friday, September 6, 2013

Raw Italian Demo

This week I experienced my first ever raw vegan food. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. The university I work at offers cooking demos in their new rec facility and when I found out they had vegan cooking demos I was psyched! Then I found out they were raw... which made me a little nervous.

I thought I'd give it a try anyway and am so glad I did. The young woman who did the cooking demo is a certified raw vegan chef from Boston and was energetic and very enthusiastic about raw foods! She worked in a raw vegan restaurant before coming to college (or during summers, I'm not sure) and definitely had the know how and really good recipes to share. She had prepared samples the night before so we were even well fed. We tried zucchini rolls that were stuffed with marinara, alfredo sauce, and pesto, as well as butternut squash stuffed beet ravioli and spiralized zucchini alfredo. To top it all off, she made raw tiramisu! It was pretty amazing. My eyes have been opened. I even ordered a spiralizer this morning.... raw recipe reviews coming soon!


The chef happens to also have a blog and posted all the delicious recipes here. Seriously check them out. There are some pictures of the raw foods I tried too.

No comments:

Post a Comment