Thursday, August 29, 2013

Georgetown Cupcake Review


The beauty above? An apple cinnamon vegan cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake in Washington, DC.

I spent a few weeks in DC at the start of the summer and Georgetown Cupcake was an unexpected surprise. After eating at Sticky Fingers and Busboys & Poets, I thought there was no way I'd find good vegan food in Georgetown. I was wrong!

Georgetown Cupcakes really knocked one out of the park for me. I went in expecting to have to eat just a bite of someone else's cupcake for lack of vegan options when lo and behold... they had a vegan cupcake just for me! (well, I'm sure it wasn't just for me). The cupcake I had was apple cinnamon with the most delicious frosting. I would have never picked an apple cinnamon cupcake (I am more of a chocolate cupcake lover), but I was so glad to have had the opportunity to try it! It was divine. They also had a rhinestoned hot pink kitchen aid mixer on their shelf behind the counter. I would definitely go back there and I appreciate the vegan option!

No comments:

Post a Comment