Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksliving

I had a terrific Thanks-living this year. I was having a lot of anxiety about the holiday in general because I do not want to put anyone out with my "special needs" but at the same time, I want to feast! So this year I had the best of both worlds: I was able to run a 5k with my man in the morning, have an early (and quiet) T-day spread, then hit the road for some family time in the afternoon. It was perfect!


This is our second vegan Thanksgiving and we tried a Tofurky holiday roast for the first time. My husband seemed to love it, I would give it a 5/10. However, the roast came with the most delicious gravy I have had (even better than the meat based kind!). So that ups the rating to at least an 8/10. I found it for about $10 at Target. 



We also made Mac and Teese (amazing stuff, if you haven't tried Teese yet... you must!), mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, and a really yummy balsamic vinaigrette/cashew/dried cranberries/croutons/spinach salad. Top it off with a little wine and cookies for dessert = the perfect combination! My only regret is all the yellow on our plate - green beans might have been a better aesthetic choice (over corn). 


  

What was your favorite part of Thanks-living this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment